Thursday, October 01, 2009

Sunday - once again...

John finally figured out a connection for our computer so I'll try once again for Sunday. (With English keyboard periods........... YES!)
1) Streets closed in Paris - you got that. Pat, still not fully awake but in the car (that's her in the photo). Cyndy off to the airport on her way home.
2) Our first toll booth experience - cousin John learns how to start the car & use a clutch...
3) Chartres Cathedral built in the 1200's with over 2,000 carved stone figures, some of which you see on the right & some of the best stained glass in France. (It does need a bit of cleaning however.) John & Judy are in the photo but are not carved - yet...
4) And then we're invaded by some sort of Scout Jamboree. They're everywhere. We decide to continue on our way -
5) But not before Pat & I stopped at one more church (it was Sunday after all). This one was totally different - painted on the inside, my favorite so far although I must admit I'm about churched out for this trip.
6) Judy in front of the cottage our friends Zelda & Brian from London so generously let us use near Pleudihen. I don't know what they said to those hollyhocks behind Judy but they're by far the tallest I've ever seen.
7) Our group enjoying a leisurely supper of sausage, cheese & wine in the cottage kitchen. Very relaxing to NOT be driving or squeezed between the luggage and to be in the country.
8) French cat - I think he spoke English.
9) Another in my clothesline series... those are concrete posts. Hanging clothes is not a one shot deal here.

Back in the states, Roscoe awoke Bridge early Sunday morning with his barking. Could it have been J & J in the red Corvette?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: